Just in time for October 31st here is a simple, family-friendly dinner idea you can make with the kids!
Spooky Eyeball Soup
- Tomato soup
- Olives (we used green)
- Mozzarella balls (found in the deli section of your grocery store OR if you are frugal -like me- purchase the blocks of mozzarella and scoop it into balls using a melon/cookie scoop)
If you have younger children, I recommend prepping first before letting them join you in the kitchen. Scoop out your mozzarella. Then using a small pairing knife cut a little hole into the balls.
Slice some of your olives. Set aside for the children to assist you in prepping the soupy “eyeballs”.
Gather the remainder of your olives. Using your rosemary, add “legs” to the olives to make them spiders.
I then cut a small slit in the bottom of the olive spiders so they would stay on the rim of our soup bowls.
We had so much fun making these spiders we wanted to make more! Using what I had (ranch, black olives, and tortillas) we made spider webs. I served a salad with the meal that we ate with these tortilla spider webs. You could also make these using string cheese, bread, grapes. If you want your dinner guests to have more of an a la carte type soup dinner, create soup spiders using meatballs and noodles that your guests can then add to their own soups.
We had so much fun with our spooooky dinner. Grandma and Grandpa were so scared when they saw what the kids had made for dinner.
Aunt Becky was pretty frightened too. 🙂
I hope your family has as much fun as we did eating AND making this spooky meal!
Want more fun Halloween posts from TraurigsInTraining? Check out these posts…
- Click here for Candy Corn games, crafts, devotional so, and more!
- Click here for a fun faith based Halloween Teachable Moment.
- Click here for homemade pumpkin bread recipe
- Click here for my pumpkin puree recipe (from your halloween jack-o-lanterns)
- Click here for Mr Pumpkin Head activity