- As dead flies give perfume a bad smell, so a little folly outweighs wisdom and honor. Ecclesiastes 10:1
- Whoever digs a pit may fall into it; whoever breaks through a wall may be bitten by a snake. Ecclesiastes 10:8
- Jesus replied, “You, too? Are you being willfully stupid? Don’t you know that anything that is swallowed works its way through the intestines and is finally defecated? But what comes out of the mouth gets its start in the heart. It’s from the heart that we vomit up evil arguments, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, lies, and cussing. That’s what pollutes. Eating or not eating certain foods, washing or not washing your hands—that’s neither here nor there.” Matthew 15:16-20
- There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins. Ecclesiastes 7:20
- Do not pay attention to every word people say… for you know in your heart that many times you yourself have cursed others. Ecclesiastes 7:21-22
If someone followed us around all day with a camera, which would speak more loudly: our actions… or our words? Would our words align directly with who we contend “we are”?
God, investigate my life;
get all the facts firsthand.
I’m an open book to you;
even from a distance, you know what I’m thinking.
You know when I leave and when I get back;
I’m never out of your sight.
You know everything I’m going to say
before I start the first sentence.
Investigate my life, O God,
find out everything about me;
Cross-examine and test me,
get a clear picture of what I’m about;
See for yourself whether I’ve done anything wrong—
then guide me on the road to eternal life.