Why we LOVE Salad Jars!
- It helps our produce last longer!
- I can make them ahead and use them all week long for lunches and dinners
- They save $$ on our weekly lunch budget. My husband takes them to work and I eat them at home!
- Forget end-of-the-week soup… salad jars are a great way to make the most of meats and veggies left over each week!
- I can use any produce and proteins we have and love!
- From pastas to lettuce the possibilities are endless!
- My kids eat them! When your children help make them they will eat them! Let them choose what goes in a jar! Even if it seems silly- let them help prep!
My 7 year old loves them so much she is working on a few cute videos of how we make our favorite salad jars. I will post them next week along with money saving tips to making the most of your salad jars without paying too much!
I read about salad jars a while but all the posts and recipes seemed overwhelming. It wasn’t until I came across this that I realized how simple they were to make.
The only recipes for making salad jars is this:
- pour in 1-4 tbsp of dressing, hummus, or salsa
- add “non absorbant” (See image above) veggies and then additional veggies
- add your carb, protein, nuts, and/or dairy (stop here if making pasta salad)
- add your leafy greens (if using them) and push down into the jar
- place lid on the jar and refrigerate. Jars keep for 5-7+ days
Save on Salad Dressing too. Here is a printable off Kraft Dressing.