DIY Canning Jalapenos
Canning Jalapenos from the garden!
This is a family favorite! In Florida, I can pretty much grow jalapenos year round. While my Spring garden is slowly wilting away, our peppers have never looked better! I have far from a “green thumb” but these plants are ruthless. It is a good thing my husband loves to eat them on almost anything. 🙂
1. Gather jalapenos and rinse.
2. Slice the jalapenos to your liking. We like them in slices
3. When canning whole jalapenos be sure to tear off
4. Place 1/2 clove (or minced) garlic and 1 tsp of
5. (I forgot to take a picture of this part.) Bring 1 part
6. Wipe excess liquid off of the rims of your
As the canned peppers cool you will hear their lids make a “popping” noise. This just confirms that the lids are fully sealed. Store the jars and enjoy using throughout the year!