The video is rough… but here it is. 🙂 A late night look at a new trend in the Traurig house… salad jars!
Recipes to come.
Here are some tips from the video:
- Create your own salad jars using whatever veggies and proteins you have
- We utilize leftover meats (If I am cooking chicken for a meal I often cook an extra breast to use in a salad jar.)
- We use veggies from our garden as well as whatever vegetables are in season – therefore saving the most $
- Not all salad jars require lettuce
- Some of our favorite salad jars have had no lettuce! Utilize the vegetables you have to create one delicious salad!
- Freezing vegetable tips: (onions, peppers…etc)
- chop up
- lay out flat on a cookie tray
- place in the freezer for 10 minutes
- remove and place in an air tight baggie or container
And yes… that is my kitchen counter (as is). I was getting ready to prep school lunches as well. I didn’t even remove the donuts from the background. 🙂
For more of my family’s favorite recipes click here or go to the Simple Savings tab and click recipes.
Check out my Salad Jar VLOG
For more recipes that I love visit my DIY Foodie Page.