Here is a cause that is near and dear to my heart. Statistics are growing by the day when it comes to the number of our youth involved in sex trafficking. An issue most think only exists over seas is growing rapidly in our culture. With pornography becoming more and more mainstream, sexual experimentation becoming the norm with our youth, and monogamy seeming but a mythological practice, more and more youth are being seduced into the world of selling themselves to the lies that sex trafficking offers.
What can you do?
1. Pray! Write it on your mirrors or post it on a note in your office. Everyday pray for those being bought and sold for this cause.
2. Support the organizations creating jobs for people rescued from human trafficking.
Visit sites like:
- http://www.ifthenmovement.com Coming Soon: you can check out more blogs by me here!
- Florida is the 3rd most popular destination in America for Human Trafficking with half of the victims being children. Find more great facts on Sex Trafficking in Florida at http://www.floridaabolitionist.org/
- People trafficking is the fastest growing means by which people are enslaved, the fastest growing international crime, and one of the largest sources of income for organised crime
The UN Office on Drugs and Crime
- Over 1.2 million children are trafficked every year
Estimate by UNICEF
- The average entry age of American minors brought into Sex Trafficking is 12-14 years old. Taken from caseact.org. Find more great statistics here.
- Human trafficking is a criminal business that profits from enslaving people for sexual servitude and forced labor. It is the fastest growing and second largest criminal industry in the world today (second only to drug trafficking and tied with illegal arms), according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.http://streetgrace.org/what-we-do/stop-the-candy-shop/