Sweet zucchini relish
- Grind first 3 ingredients (I use a meat grinder)
This is the meat grinder I use and I LOVE it! It can be used to grind veggies & meats (like for making homemade hamburgers or sausages). I tried making this relish recipes a few times without a grinder and it never came out quite the same. (these are affiliate amazon links)
- Sprinkle with salt
- Let it stand overnight in the refrigerator (or prep in the morning and leave it in your fridge for @least 10 hours)
- Remove from the refrigerator and pour into a colander. Drain. Rinse. Drain.
- Pour your mix from overnight into a large pot
- Add the next 4 ingredients
- Bring to a boil – stirring constantly
- boil for 15-20 minutes – stirring constantly
- thicken with cornstarch
- cook a few minutes longer
Get ready to remove from the stove and start canning!!
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack relish into the hot, sterilized Ball Jar 1pt Ball Mason Jars, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a knife or a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids, and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area.
Enjoy this recipe? Please review it on allrecipes.com! Thanks. – Amy 🙂